Security Network Engineer
Akila has over 5 years of experience in information technology. He obtained a Bachelors of Electrical and Information Engineering degree from the University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka. For 2 years he worked as a network engineer, managing enterprise-level networks for one of the largest Internet service providers in Sri Lanka. In 2015 he moved to the United States and started school at the University of Louisville, where he completed his Masters in Computer Science with a graduate certificate in Cyber Security.
At Volta, Akila specializes in helping customers design, and implement network and security solutions. He also troubleshoots network and security issues, as well as identifies security threats and provides instructions on how to mitigate them.
- Designing, installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routing and switching technologies
- Installing and administering Linux based systems
- Configuring and troubleshooting network security devices (Cisco ASA firewall, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto firewall)
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Routing and Switching