Organizations choose to use open source software for a variety of reasons including, collaboration, innovation, flexibility and cost reduction. The complexity of running multiple software packages at once can be tricky to manage, so having a single source of support for your Linux operating system, commercial products, and community open source software can be extremely beneficial. Avoid expensive consultants or the time-consuming task of searching through community threads for answers to support issues. Look to IBM to provide expert guidance and enterprise support for your open source ecosystem.
IBM supports over 150 of the most commonly used open source packages:
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache ActiveMQ
80% of support issues for open source software stem from lack of product knowledge or environmental incompatibilities. With that in mind, let’s delve into the benefits of having a single source of support for your community and commercial open source software support applications, running on cloud, hybrid cloud or locally deployed systems.
- Predict, instead of repair: Most problems stem from intra-package compatibility issues or issues between the open source software support package and the Infrastructure environment. 64% of incidents were automatically resolved with the help of IBM Technology Support Services.
- Comprehensive support for your open source ecosystem: Combat complex, expensive and time-consuming management solutions.
- Alleviate internal staff: Enable in-house IT staff to stay focused on strategic objectives. With IBM you get a 99 percent Linux ﬁx rate and access to our deep community of skilled Linux developers and consultants.
- Single point of contact: Reduce the complexity of managing support solutions scattered across many vendors. Reduction in time spent on vendor relationship management.
- Predict, instead of repair: Most problems stem from intra-package compatibility issues or issues between the open source software support package and the infrastructure environment. Many incidents can be automatically resolved with the help of IBM Technology Support Services.