Air Tag for Flash
Modernizing legacy IT infrastructures continues to be a global trend, since crucial workloads and apps demand higher levels of system performance and storage capacity. The new IBM FlashSystem 7300 and IBM FlashSystem 9500 were designed with new, large capacity IBM FlashCore technology and leverage end-to-end Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) protocol to meet the highest levels of performance, functionality, security, and availability.
IBM FlashSystem 7300
Designed with new, large capacity IBM FlashCore technology and leveraging end-to-end Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) protocol, IBM FlashSystem 7300 accelerates business-critical applications and real-time analytics. This powerful new storage platform provides:
- Features support for NVMe over Fabrics for the highest end-to-end storage performance.
- Utilizes IBM FlashCore-enhanced storage media that provides extraordinary flash density and storage capacity.
- FlashCore Modules (FCM) generation 3 supports enhanced compression that enables storing up to 116TB in a single FCM.
- The control enclosure leverages four 10-core Intel Cascade Lake processors, with 1.5TB memory cache available.
- Up to four IBM FlashSystem 7300 arrays can be clustered and operated as a single system.
- IBM FlashSystem Cyber Vault builds on IBM Safeguarded Copy to help reduce cyber attack recovery times from days to hours.
- supports Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes container environments
- Automated storage tiering with Easy Tier can help improve performance and lower costs by enabling the more efficient use of flash storage or multiple tiers of drives.
- IBM FlashCopy® functionality is designed to create an almost-instant copy of active data (up to 256 copies of data may be created).
IBM FlashSystem 9500
IBM FlashSystem 9500 combines the performance of flash and a Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe)-optimized architecture with the reliability and innovation of IBM FlashCore technology and the rich feature set and high availability of IBM Spectrum Virtualize. To support mission-critical applications, turn to the FlashSystem 9500:
- Provides petabytes of effective data storage in a very efficient four-rack-unit chassis.
- Features dual controllers, each w/ two 2.4GHz Intel Ice Lake CPUs w/ 24 cores.
- Up to 1.5TB of memory per controller.
- Utilizes IBM FlashCore technology packaged into a 2.5-inch solid-state drive (SSD) form factor and using an NVMe interface.
- Achieves latency as low as 50 microseconds.
- Extends data services across more than 500 heterogeneous systems.
- Complements server virtualization technologies such as PowerVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Advanced capabilities that can help maximize data protection and security with CyberVault and SafeguardedCopy
- Innovative data reduction pool (DRP) technology that includes deduplication and hardware-accelerated compression technology.
- IBM HyperSwap function supports storage and servers in two or three data centers.
- Automated tiering and the data reduction options within the high density of FCM drives, help transform the economics of data storage.
In conclusion, the latest IBM FlashSystem solutions provide an enterprise class platform to address the full spectrum of 21st-century data storage requirements. From FlashCore reliability and NVMe all-flash performance, through easy hybrid cloud integration and almost unlimited scalability, to data services that can transform and modernize existing systems, these solutions from IBM are designed to simplify storage and accelerate business productivity.